Moulded Green Salad
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon, divided (1 Envelope)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded raw spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coarsely grated carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 1 Carrot)|
1. Combine gelatin, sugar, and salt in saucepan. Add 3/4 cup water. Place over low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in remaining water, vinegar, and lemon juice.
3. Chill mixture to unbeaten egg white consistency.
4. Fold in remaining ingredients.
5. Turn into a 1-quart mold or 7 individual molds. Chill until firm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6493 mg270.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.3%
Sugars 27.6 g
Protein 30 g60.7%
Vitamin A 959.9% Vitamin C 285%
Calcium 61.6% Iron 81.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet