Marinated Jicama Salad
|Jicama||1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Gram / 1 Whole)|
|Cucumber||1 Small, unpared|
|Onion||125 Milliliter, thinly slivered (1/2 Cup, Mild, Red Colored)|
|Fresh lime juice||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Grated lime rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Dried de arbol chili||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Vegetable oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoons)|
1. Pare jicama; cut lengthwise into 8 wedges; cut wedges crosswise into 1/8 inch (3-mm) thick slices.
2. Cut cucumber lengthwise in half; scoop out and discard seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1/8 inch (3-mm) thick slices. ,
3. Combine jicama, cucumber and onion in large bowl; toss lightly to mix.
4. Mix lime juice, lime rind, garlic, salt and chili in small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking continuously, until dressing is thoroughly blended.
5. Pour dressing over jicama mixture; toss lightly to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.6%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 522.4 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 36.5 g146.1%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 281.1%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet