|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Celery stalk with leaves||2 , chopped|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable salt||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put eggplant directly on the oven shelf and bake for 30 minutes, or until tender and soft to the touch.
3. When cool enough to handle, peel and chop the eggplant and put into a bowl. Add the onion, celery, and eggs. Mix well.
4. Add the oil, lemon juice, kelp, and vegetable salt. Mix well and chill.
5. Scoop eggplant mixture onto a bed of romaine lettuce and garnish with tomato wedges and cucumber slices. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 909 Calories from Fat 615
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.4 mg161.1%
Sodium 577.5 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 24.1 g96.3%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 26 g51.3%
Vitamin A 588.2% Vitamin C 286.2%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 42.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet