Excellent classic Caesar Salad enhanced with toasted almonds.
2 Medium, chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs), whole, blanched
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
A 1 sauce
2 Teaspoon (brown)
2 Teaspoon, minced
1 Large, juiced
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated
1. Rinse the chopped Romaine lettuce in colander (or salad spinner), wrap in tea towel and refrigerate until used.
2. In a pan, heat butter. Put the almonds and sauté them for a few minutes.
3. Season with salt and set aside.
4. In the bottom of a large salad bowl, mix together olive oil, salt and pepper, A-1 sauce, mustard and garlic.
5. Add lettuce, lemon, Parmesan and almonds and toss thoroughly till the dressing coats all the ingredients well.
6. In a serving bowl or plate, serve the salad with choice of crispy bread or serve as it is garnished with bread crumbs.
Robin and her 88 year old Mother-in-Law show you their family Caesar Salad recipe which has been enhanced with toasted almonds. This is a video to watch for all you suckers of family recipes and secrets. It is going to impress you a lot.