Wilted Spinach Salad With Bacon And Pimento
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound|
|Raw bacon slices||6|
|Finely chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped canned pimiento||3 Tablespoon|
1 . Wash spinach very carefully, and remove any thick stems and bruised leaves. Drain well and place in a salad bowl.
2. Place bacon slices in a 9-inch non-metallic pie pan.
3. Heat, covered with a paper towel, in Microwave Oven 5 (614) minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon slices crumble and set aside.
4. Add finely chopped onion to bacon fat and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 (2 1/2) minutes or until lightly browned.
5. To make dressing, add remaining ingredients and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 (4) minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
6. Just before serving, pour boiling dressing over spinach. Add crumbled bacon and toss well