Cloned Pecan Chicken Salad
|Chicken breasts||4 Pound|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (for chicken breading)|
|Corn flakes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbs|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Romaine||2 , chopped (heads)|
|Celery||2 , sliced|
|Mandarin orange segments||11 Ounce, drained (2 cans)|
|Bleu cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
1. Pound each chicken breast to a reasonable thickness (about 1/2 inch ).
2. Combine finely chopped pecans and corn flake crumbs in a shallow bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine milk and beaten eggs together.
4. Put the flour into a third bowl.
5. Coat each chicken breast piece with flour.
6. Then dip the flour-coated chicken breast into the egg and milk mixture.
7. Lastly coat the chicken with a thick coating of the pecans and corn flake crumbs.
8. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
9. Saute the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
10. Prepare the vinaigrette by combining canola oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt in a blender. Blend on low speed for just a few seconds to mix thoroughly.
11. Pour this into a small bowl and add the minced garlic. Chill until you are ready to
use the dressing.
12. Make the salad, by tossing in the romaine and celery with the balsamic vinaigrette.
13. Arrange the romaine on 4 plates, sprinkle the dried cranberries, brown sugar and chopped pecans on top of each salad.
14. Sprinkle drained mandarin orange segments over each salad, followed by crumbled bleu cheese.
15. Finally, slice the chicken and top each salad with the equivalent of one chicken breast and serve.
Calories 1332 Calories from Fat 727
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.6%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 263.5 mg87.8%
Sodium 602.6 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 38.9 g
Protein 82 g163%
Vitamin A 180.5% Vitamin C 70.1%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet