Warm Green Bean Salad With Rocket And Garden Lettuces
|Diced shallots||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shelled walnut halves||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ni oise olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Haricots verts||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Wash and dry the mixed garden lettuces and rocket. Pinch the ends from 1/2 pound haricots verts.
2. Spread 1 1/4 cups walnut halves on a baking tray. In an oven preheated to 350° F., bake the nuts for 10-15 minutes until they are well-toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. Make the vinaigrette by combining 1 1/2 ta blespoons finely diced shallots, 3/4 cup olive oil, about 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Blanch the beans for 2 to 3 minutes in plenty of boiling salted water, or until they are crisp but tender and bright green. Drain the beans.
5. Toss the warm beans, the greens, the walnuts, and 1/4 cup Nicoise olives in enough vinaigrette to coat lightly but thoroughly. Arrange the salad on slightly warm plates and serve.