Duckling And Vegetable Salad With Mango
|Duckling||4 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cauliflower head||1⁄2 Medium|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mango/One 11-ounce can mandarin-orange sections, drained||1 Large|
|Lightly packed spinach leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Boston lettuce head||1 Small|
1. Discard fat around neck and tail part of duckling. Rinse duckling, giblets, and neck with running cold water. Refrigerate giblets to use in soup or stew another day. With sharp knife, remove all skin from duckling; discard all but breast skin. Place duckling, breast side down, in 5-quart saucepot or Dutch oven; add neck, sherry, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 inches water; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour or until duckling is fork-tender. Remove duckling to bowl; refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
2. Meanwhile, cut off as much excess fat as possible from duckling-breast skin; then cutduckling skin into 1-inch pieces. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, cook breast skin with 1/4 teaspoon salt until golden brown and crisp, pressing skin frequently with back of spoon to render all fat. Spoon off fat as it accumulates in skillet. Remove skin to paper towels to drain.
3. Separate cauliflower into flowerets. In 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 1 inch boiling water, heat cauliflower to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is tender-crisp. Drain cauliflower; set aside to cool.
4. Prepare dressing: In small bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix olive oil with next 5 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon salt until well blended; cover and refrigerate. Peel mango; cut into thin slices.
5. When duckling is ready, discard bones; cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
6. Into large bowl, tear spinach and Boston lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Add cauliflower and duckling; toss with dressing. Top salad with mango; sprinkle with crisp duckling skin.