Summertime Potato Salad
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Use Fresh)|
|Shredded red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white vermouth/Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Boiled ham||1⁄2 Pound, cut into strips|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cut into strips|
|Tomato||1 Large (12 Wedges)|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
1) Boil or steam the potatoes for about 25 minutes.
2) To prepare the dressing, add the oil, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper into a screw-cap jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to blend thoroughly.
3) Peel and slice the potatoes and put into a large mixing bowl, season lightly with salt and pepper, then stir in the wine and scallions.
4) Stir in the cabbage, celery, ham and cheese.
5) Shake the vinaigrette and pour it over the salad. Toss gently to coat with the dressing.
6) Arrange on a serving platter and decorate with the tomato wedges. Top with a few fresh basil leaves, if desired.