Beet And Corn Salad
|Ears of corn||2|
|Feta cheese||2 Ounce, crumbled|
|Arugula||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|For the dressing|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Lime||1⁄2 Small, sliced|
|Green onion stalks||2 Large, finely chopped|
1. In a pot of boiling water on high, add the corn without husk and beet without the leaves. Cook them for 30 minutes. Once done, drain and set aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, chop the beets into 1 inch cubes and remove the kernels from the cooked corn and set aside.
3. In the same pot of hot water, add one bunch of beet greens for about 45 seconds until they are wilted for the salad. Once done, set them aside.
4. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, add and combine together the olive oil, corn oil, salt, pepper, sugar, cilantro and lime juice. Whisk the dressing well for 30 seconds until thick.
5. In another bowl, add the beets, feta cheese, corn, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
6. Pour in the dressing, coat the vegetables well and let it sit for 3 minutes before serving.
7. Take a serving plate for the salad, chop the stems of the blanched beet leaves and place them on the serving plate. Add some arugula leaves over the blanched leaves and add the beet-corn salad over the arugula. Top the salad off with some lime slices, cilantro and some of the dressing.