Fresh vegetables and cheese, a beet and corn salad, make up this months tasty treat from Chef Maxwell. Heres the chef!
Ears of corn
2 Ounce, crumbled
1 Bunch (100 gm)
For the dressing
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped
1⁄2 Small, sliced
Green onion stalks
2 Large, finely chopped
1. In a pot of boiling water on high, add the corn without husk and beet without the leaves. Cook them for 30 minutes. Once done, drain and set aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, chop the beets into 1 inch cubes and remove the kernels from the cooked corn and set aside.
3. In the same pot of hot water, add one bunch of beet greens for about 45 seconds until they are wilted for the salad. Once done, set them aside.
4. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, add and combine together the olive oil, corn oil, salt, pepper, sugar, cilantro and lime juice. Whisk the dressing well for 30 seconds until thick.
5. In another bowl, add the beets, feta cheese, corn, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
6. Pour in the dressing, coat the vegetables well and let it sit for 3 minutes before serving.
7. Take a serving plate for the salad, chop the stems of the blanched beet leaves and place them on the serving plate. Add some arugula leaves over the blanched leaves and add the beet-corn salad over the arugula. Top the salad off with some lime slices, cilantro and some of the dressing.
This winter why not make some beet, corn and goat cheese salad . Take a look at this fantastic video that shares a simple recipe to toss up an elegant, healthy and delicious salad. The video is interesting to watch and impressed with this fresh and colorful salad.