Crispy Chesapeake Ray Stinger Ceasar Dressing
|For the ceasar dressing|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Coarse grain mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Anchovy fillets||1 Ounce|
|Olive oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the chesapeake ray|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chesapeake ray||6 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||1 Large, beaten|
|Breading mix||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Large, wedged|
|Salad greens||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1. For the Cesar salad: In a mixing bowl, add eggs, anchovies, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, coarse grain mustard, dijon mustard and garlic. Using a hand blender, blend this mixture well for a 3 - 4 minutes. Simultaneously pour in the olive oil and continue blending until well combined and thick.
2. Season it with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk this until well incorporated and set it aside.
3. For the Chesapeake ray: In a mixing bowl, add and combine together the flour, coriander powder, salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder.
4. In a deep frying pan on medium high, heat oil for frying the breaded strips of ray.
5. Take the sting ray strips one at a time, coat them well in the breading mix, then into the bowl of egg mixture, and finally into the bowl of flour. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the coated strips of chesapeake ray for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Once done, remove the strips and set them aside.
6. Take a serving plate with salad green, arrange the tomato wedges at the side and place the deep fried ray strips on top of the salad greens.
7. Serve this chesapeake ray drizzled with ceasar salad and garnished with parmesan cheese.
Calories 2439 Calories from Fat 2077
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 235 g362.1%
Saturated Fat 30.4 g151.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 184.5 mg61.5%
Sodium 2888.3 mg120.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 25 g49.3%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 48.6% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet