Roasted Butternut Squash and Blueberry Salad with Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette
|For the salad|
|Mixed lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Candied walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Roasted butternut squash||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|For the vinaigrette|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Mandarin orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Salt||To Taste (Optional)|
1. Preheat your oven to 425 F.
2. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the bottom of a pan.
3. Roast squash until slightly golden and soft (15-20 minutes approx.)
4. For the vinaigrette, Mix all the ingredients well and taste. Add more sweetness or salt if necessary.
5. Add in the peeled and diced butternut squash and roast in the oven until tender and some pieces will be slightly golden around the edges. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, add in roasted butternut squash, candied walnuts, blueberries, dried cranberries, and lettuce.
7. Over the top pour the Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette and mix well. Taste the salad, if you need some garlic salt and pepper to taste.
8. Then top with goat cheese crumbles and serve!
Calories 1142 Calories from Fat 805
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.3%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.6 mg21.9%
Sodium 715.8 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 47.5 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 25.6%
Calcium 57.6% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet