Chicken Curry Salad
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||4 , cut into small cubes|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Small, juiced|
|Red curry powder/Yellow curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Fuji apple/Fresh pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and diced|
|Peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), lightly salted|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
1. In a skillet add the diced chicken and cook on low heat until slightly golden. Set aside.
2. In a blender, add mayonnaise, juice, honey, and curry powder. Blend well and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the cooled chicken. Pour mayonnaise and curry mixture over the chicken to moisten it to the desired consistency. Mix well.
4. Add in onions, celery, apples, and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
5. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for a few hours. This will allow the flavors to blend.
6. When you're ready to serve, add cranberries and peanuts to the curry and mix. If the curry is a little dry, add in a bit more lemon or lime juice or a bit of mayonnaise and mix.
7. Serve over a bed of leafy greens or in a pita with fresh arugula, or in the center of a scooped out melon half.
Calories 778 Calories from Fat 427
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.5%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.2 mg43.1%
Sodium 397.8 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.4%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 47 g94.9%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet