Help Yourself Vegetable Platter
|Cauliflower||2 Pound (1 Medium Size)|
|Yellow squash||1 Pound (3 Medium Size)|
|Zucchini||1 Pound (3 Medium Size)|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Oil and vinegar salad dressing||8 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Medium|
|Pimiento||1 , diced|
|Sliced smoked turkey||6 Ounce (Two 3 Ounce Packages)|
|Sliced cooked ham||15 Ounce (Three 5 Ounce Packages)|
1) Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower and leave rest of the head of the cauliflower as it is.
2) Take a large saucepan,boil water with salt,cook the whole cauliflower for about 10 minutes with lid until crisply tender.
3) Remove the cauliflower carefully from the pan with the help of two large spoons.remove all excess water and keep it in a shallow bowl.
4) Meanwhile,as the cauliflower cooks,trim yellow squash and zucchini.
5) Cut the yellow squash into slices 1/4 inch thick.
6) Now cut zucchini lengthwise into eighths.
7) Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes or until crisply soft.
8) With the help of a slotted spoon lift carefully from water,drain.
9) Place separately in different pie plates.
10) Also cook the atichoke hearts,drain well and place in another dish.
11) Take a small bowl,mix salad dressing and parsley in it.
12) Add this dressing 6 tablespoons over the cauliflower,2 tablespoons over artichokes and add the remaining over the squash.
13) Allow to stand for atleast for 30 minutes before seasoning.
14) Before serving,peel a few larger leaves of lettuce and arrange on the serving platter as cups at one side and fill with cauliflower,yellow squash,zucchini.
15) Sprinkle pimiento over the yellow squash.
16) Take slices of ham and slices of turkey,fold each slice of turkey around a slice of ham,now arrange these around the vegetables on the platter.
17) And place artichoke hearts around the meat and serve.
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 102.5 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 17 g35%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 120.2%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet