Endive A La Mornay
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter|
|Pepper white||1 Milliliter|
|Flour||30 Milliliter (All Purpose)|
|Chicken broth||250 Milliliter|
|Half and half||125 Milliliter|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||60 Milliliter|
1) Remove any wilted leaves of endives and wash them in cold water.
2) In a large skillet, over low heat, heat 1/4 cup (60 ml) of butter and allow water, lemon juice, seasonings and endives to simmer in it for 15 minutes.
3) In the meantime, in a saucepan, heat remaining butter and add in flour.
4) Cook the mixture for 2 minutes over low heat to a roux.
5) Pour in chicken broth and cream and then minimize heat.
6) Thicken the sauce by simmering and boil again for 2 more minutes after stirring in cheese.
7) To a serving platter, transfer the endives and pour over sauce.
8) Serve at once.