Cherry Nut Rum Fingers
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes)|
|Rum extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop (If Desired)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped, well drained|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes)|
|Rum extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Heat the oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl add sugar, 1/2 cup butter, egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract and food coloring.
3) Beat at medium speed, till well mixed.
4) Reduce the speed to low and add flour, baking powder, and salt.
5) Continue beating, scraping the bowl often, till well mixed.
6) Stir in 1/2 cup chopped nuts and cherries and cover.
7) Chill for at least 1 hour till firm.
8) Shape a teaspoonfuls of dough into a 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch finger.
9) Arrange them 1 inch apart on cookie sheets and place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, till the edges are lightly browned. Cool.
10) In another bowl, add powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon rum extract and vanilla.
11) On low speed beat the mix and gradually add milk, till the desired spreading consistency.
12) Use to frost the cooled cookies,
13) Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts.
14) Serve at tea time.