Rum Flavored Chocolate Cream
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||4 Ounce (4 squares)|
|Rum extract/1 teaspoon vanilla||1 Tablespoon (or flavoring)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 sticks)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with water until thick.
2) Add in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating continuously until fluffy.
3) In top of double boiler, melt the chocolate over simmering water.
4) Stir in the egg mixture.
5) Cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute until mixture thickens.
6) Take the pan off the heat and beat in rum extract or flavouring and vanilla; cool slightly.
7) In a bowl, beat together butter or margarine and add in chocolate mixture very slowly.
8) In a small bowl, beat the cream until stiff and fold into chocolate mixture until no streaks of white remain.
9) Use as desired.