Apples Baked In Wine With Rum
|Chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped dates||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped candied cherries||1 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apples||6 Large, cored but not through the bottom|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a bowl mix together, walnuts, dates, cherries, and sugar.
2) Stuff each cored apple with walnut mixture.
3) Arrange the apples in the slow cooker, not touching the sides of cooker to avoid burning.
4) Stack the apple if needed.
5) Stream the wine gently around the apples.
6) Put the lid and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
7) Using a perforated ladle remove the apple from cooker and place on individual serving plate.
8) Spoon the cooking wine around each apple.
9) Sprinkle rum over each apple and top with whipped cream, serve warm or cold.