Rum Raisin Stuffed Pears
|Pecans||1⁄4 Ounce, chopped, about 6 halves|
|Golden raisins||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipped butter||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bartlett pear||5 Ounce, cut in half lengthwise, cored, pared (1 small size)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Nectar||8 Teaspoon (2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons)|
|Dark rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a mixing bowl combine pecans, raisins, and sugar; stir in butter and mix well.
2. In a microwave proof casserole arrange pear halves, cored-side up.
3. Sprinkle pear halves evenly with lemon juice;
4. Spoon half of the pecan mixture into cored section of each pear half and set aside.
5. In cup or small bowl combine remaining ingredients and stir to dissolve cornstarch; pour into casserole.
6. Cover casserole with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes, until pear halves are fork-tender and sauce has thickened, rotating casserole 1/2 turn halfway through cooking.
7. In a large serving platter, arrange the pecans and serve hot.