1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Drill a hope through the top of a coconut and remove all the water.
3. Pop the coconuts into the oven for 15 minutes to heat them up so it's easy to break.
4. Open up the coconuts by cracking them along the cracks with a screwdriver and hammer.
5. Remove the coconut meat and place in a grinder to grind into bits.
5. In a pot, heat sugar and water to make simple syrup.
6. Add the ground coconut meat into the pan and combine and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Add the mix into jars.
8. Pour in the rum.
9. Put the lid on and set aside for 2-3 weeks. Shake it ever other day.
10. Use the coconut rum for making cocktails and serve.
You can use the coconut shells as cups for a tropical type party.