|Cake yeast||2 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), scalded and cooled|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Rum glaze||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl take 2 tablespoons warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
3) Mix milk.
4) Stir in 1/4 cup flour and vanilla.
5) In a bowl cream butter and sugar together.
6) Add egg, salt, lemon rind and a cup of flour.
7) Blend all the ingredients together adding little quantity of remaining 1 cup flour at a time.
8) Grease 6-cup ring mold with butter and place the dough in it.
9) Let stand and rise till double.
10) Bake for 30 minutes.
11) To prepare rum glaze, take 1 cup water in saucepan and stir in 1/2 cup sugar.
12) Let it boil to dissolve sugar.
13) Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons light or dark rum.
14) Spread the glaze over baked kuchen. With a knife making small holes to allow glaze penetrate into the cake.
15) Chill the Kuchen if desired.
16) Serve warm or cold.