Creamy Rum Filling
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cream/Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
1. Place a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a medium low flame and bring water to a boil, then reduce flame and allow the water to simmer.
2. Fit a basin over the saucepan, such that the bottom of the basin should not come in direct contact with the simmering water.
3. Combine sugar, flour, and salt and blend in the cream.
4. Cook the sauce, stirring constantly and to boiling about 2 minutes.
Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spoon a little of this sauce into egg yolks and blend well.
5. Stirring constantly, add the egg yolk mixture to simmering sauce.
6. Cook, stirring constantly for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Take pan off the heat and stir in rum and butter into the sauce.
7. Cover surface with waxed paper to prevent skinning.
8. Cool sauce to room temperature then refrigerate until well chilled
9. Use the sauce as a filling or cakes, pies, breads etc.