Fresh Pineapple With Rum Cream
|For rum cream|
|Sugar||3 Tablespoon (Preferably Superfine)|
|Unsalted butter stick||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chilled and cut into pieces (1 Stick)|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe pineapple||1 Large|
|Cantaloupe slices||8 (Very Thin Slices, Ripe)|
1. Using a sharp fruit knife, slice off the base and stem of pineapple
2. Reserve a few small leaves for garnish.
3. Cut the pineapple lengthwise into quarters,
4. Slice off the skin and core the center
5. Slice each quarter lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
6. In a basin, blend egg yolks and sugar.
7. Place the basin over a double boiler.
8. Whisk the eggs with a wire whisk until thick and warm
9. Add dollops of butter whisk until all of it has been incorporated to form a thick sauce
10. Take basin off the heat and whisk occasionally to cool to room temperature.
11. Add rum and stir in.
12. Fold in about 1/3 cup whipped cream, reserving the remaining whipped cream for another use.
13. Store the sauce in the refrigerator until required.
14. Arrange pineapple slices, overlapping them slightly, on 4 chilled dessert plates
15. Curl cantaloupe slices in an S shape and use 2 slices to garnish each plate.
16. Garnish with reserved pineapple leaves.
17. Drizzle rum cream over pineapple, pouring the rest into a sauce boat and passing separately at the table.