Rum Almond Torte
|Bittersweet chocolate||7 1⁄2 Ounce, broken|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Rum glaze||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Melt chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth.
2) Beat egg yolks for 2 minutes while gradually adding 1/2 cup of sugar and vanilla. Beat into chocolate mixture.
3) Fold in flour and nuts.
4) Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until fluffy. Slowly add remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, beating until stiff peaks have begun to rise.
5) Blend 1 egg white into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining 3 egg whites.
6) Pour into 10 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until sides separate from pan. Let cool.