Rum Walnut Cookies
|Shortbread cookies||20 (Packaged)|
|Caramels||6 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnut halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place cookies, right-side up, On wire rack.
2. Combine caramels and butter or margarine in small saucepan; heat slowly, stirring constantly, until caramels melt; stir in rum.
3. Spoon warm caramel over cookies; allow to set 10 minutes.
4. Combine chocolate pieces, vegetable shortening and hot water or coffee in small saucepan; heat, stirring often, until chocolate melts and mixture is creamy.
5. Drop a dab of chocolate mixtue over caramel on cookies; press in walnut halves; cool completely on wire rack before placing in metal tin with tight-fitting lid.