Baked Zucchini With Rosemary
|Zucchini||2 Pound, scrubbed|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Flour||3 Tablespoon, mixed with 1/4 cup cold water|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Summer savory||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Butter a baking dish
2. Cut zucchinis into quarters.
3. Preheat the oven to 325° F
4. In a large saucepan add the zucchinis to boiling water.
5. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until zucchinis are tender.
6. Drain in a colander collecting and reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
7. In a skillet heat the oil over a medium flame.
8. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 8 minutes until onion is soft lightly browned.
9. Stir in cooking water, blended flour paste, lemon juice, herbs and seasoning, reserving cheese, parsley, and topping for later.
10. Simmer, stirring constantly until thick
11. Switch off the flame and stir in cheese and parsley.
12. Layer half the zucchini in the baking dish.
13. Pour over half the sauce.
14. Arrange remaining zucchini and pour sauce.
15. Combine crumbs, cheese and butter and sprinkle over the sauce.
16. Bake for about 1 hour until sauce is hot and bubbly and topping is golden brown
17. Rush the baking dish from oven to the table using oven mitts.