Fettuccine with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Rosemary
|Oyster mushrooms||10 Ounce, stems removed, thickly sliced|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Sweet butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||2 , chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Fresh fettuccine||1 Pound|
|Freshly grated parmesan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rosemary sprigs||6 Small|
1. In a small bowl, toss mushrooms with lemon juice. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat until butter foams. Stir in onion and saute 3 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Stir in mushrooms and cook until soft.
3. Add salt, pepper, sherry, stock, rosemary and tomatoes and cook one minute longer. Set aside.
4. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta 10 minutes until al dente. Drain.
5. Toss pasta with sauce and half of the grated cheese. Add more pepper if necessary. Divide on six heated plates and place sprig of rosemary in center of each. Pass remaining cheese and pepper at table.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3022 Calories from Fat 887
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.5%
Saturated Fat 47.7 g238.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210.1 mg70%
Sodium 3323 mg138.5%
Total Carbohydrates 396 g131.9%
Dietary Fiber 33.3 g133.1%
Sugars 37.6 g
Protein 123 g245.6%
Vitamin A 106.6% Vitamin C 140.4%
Calcium 155.8% Iron 89.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet