Walnut Cream Roll
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Self raising flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts||4 Tablespoon|
|Cream||200 Gram, around 7 oz|
|Powdered sugar||4 Tablespoon|
1. Sieve the flour.
2. Grease a Swiss roll tin about 175 mm. x 275 mm. (7* x 11') with melted butter or margarine. Put a grease-proof paper on the greased tin and apply melted butter or margarine over the paper also.
3. Separate the eggs.
4. Add the salt and vanilla essence to the egg-whites. Beat the egg-whites stiffly.
5. Beat in the sugar, one spoon at a time.
6. Beat the egg-yolks also.
7. Add the flour, the beaten egg-yolks and half the walnuts to the beaten egg-whites. Mix well with a metal spoon.
8. Spread this mixture evenly over the prepared tin.
9. Bake in a hot oven at 400Â°F. for 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Cool the roll for 1 minute. Loosen the sides and turn out on a napkin which is sprinkled with powdered sugar.
11. Peel off the paper carefully.
12. Roll the cake with the napkin.
13. Beat the cream with sugar until thick.
14. Open the roll, spread half the cream over the roll. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of walnuts. Roll again without the napkin.
15. Cover the roll with the rest of the cream.
16. Melt the chocolate over a slow flame, add 1/2 teaspoon of water and mix well. Trickle the chocolate over the roll and sprinkle the remaining walnuts. Chill thoroughly.
Cut into slices and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2638 Calories from Fat 958
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166%
Saturated Fat 43.2 g216%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 437.1 mg145.7%
Sodium 1294.2 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 396 g132%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.3%
Sugars 264.8 g
Protein 40 g80.5%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 67.4% Iron 59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet