Easy Sweet Dinner Rolls (Honey Butter)
|For yeast mixture|
|Warm water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (very warm)|
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (or 1 envelope)|
|Other ingredients for roll|
|Whole milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), warm|
|Eggs||1 Large, lightly beaten (room temperature)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, chopped and softened|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|For honey butter|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For dusting)|
1. In a small bowl pour warm water, sprinkle yeast and add ¼ teaspoon of sugar. Stir gently until combined. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes until foamy.
2. In a large bowl, pour yeast mixture and add 5 tablespoons sugar, warm milk, egg, salt, and butter. Mix until well combined.
3. Gradually add flour, mixing well after each addition. Transfer dough to a large, greased bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft-free area for about 2 hours or until doubled in size.
For Honey Butter:
4. In a bowl, combine honey, sugar, and butter. Stir until creamy.
5. Grease your knuckles and punch dough down to release the air. Transfer the dough to a floured surface.
6. Add just enough flour to the dough and hands to handle it without sticking to your hands. Divide dough into two equal balls. Roll out the balls into 13-inch circles.
7. Slice the dough with a pizza cutter into small wedges. Brush the dough with honey butter.
8. Flour your fingertips and roll each wedge up starting at the widest end.
9. On greased cookie sheet, place rolls, pointed tip tucked under. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area for an hour or until rolls are doubled in size.
10. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
11. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
12. Brush hot rolls with leftover honey butter.
13. Serve hot and enjoy!