Paula Deen Cinnamon Rolls
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), scalded|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||6 Tablespoon|
Directions for preparing the rolls:
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and set aside.
• In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg.
• Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth.
• Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
• Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
• When doubled in size, punch down dough.
• Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle.
• Spread melted butter all over dough.
• Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the buttered dough.
• Sprinkle with walnuts, pecans, or raisins if desired.
• Beginning at the 15-inch side, roll up the dough and pinch the edges together to seal.
• Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
Directions for Baking:
• Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
• Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes.
• Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
Directions for making the glaze:
• Mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
• Add hot water. 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency.
• Spread over slightly cooled rolls. Enjoy!
For more information please visit:http:/bakeittilyoumakeit.com
Calories 1510 Calories from Fat 482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.3%
Saturated Fat 27 g135%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 146 mg48.7%
Sodium 528.8 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g80.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g35%
Sugars 132.6 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 41%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet