Great with an aperitif or for a party buffet, the hot dog wraps will be a hit among your friends!
4 Cup (64 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. In a small bowl mix fresh yeast along with 2 level teaspoons of sugar and half a glass of lukewarm water. Mix with a teaspoon until the yeast has dissolved, then cover the bowl with a small plate and wait until a light foam forms on the surface.
2. Put the flour in a large bowl, or on a work surface, and make an indentation in the centre; pour in the yeast mixture, oil and salt, which has been dissolved in the remaining lukewarm water, and begin to knead (at least for 10 minutes) until the dough is even, elastic and smooth (if the dough is hard, add some more water, while if it's too soft, add some more flour).
3. Roll the dough into a ball and place it in a floured bowl, cover with a clean cloth and let it rest for at least 2 hours. Keep in mind that the dough should double in volume.
4. Divide the bread dough into 4 parts of less than 2 ounces (50 g) each; now, with a rolling pin, roll them out into a rectangle, large enough to cover the whole hot dog.
5. Wrap the hot dog in the bread dough, remove the excess dough from the edges and make 3 cuts on the surface.
6. Place the hot dogs on a drip pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 390°F (200°C) for 10 minutes.
7. Serve the delicious hot dog wraps at your next kids party.