|Extra firm tofu||12 Ounce (block organic)|
|White sesame seeds/Black sesame seed||3 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Rice paper sheets||50 (8 sheet)|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into ribbons with peeler|
|Red pepper||1 Large, seeded, cut into thin strips|
|Bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Greek yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Soya sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut tofu into 4 even slices, and place it between double layers of paper towel for 30 minutes to drain.
2. In a shallow dish or pie pan, put sesame seeds.
3. Sprinkle salt on both sides of tofu, if desired.
4. Roll it over sesame seeds and press to make it stick on all sides.
5. Place a steel skillet on medium flame, and heat 2 teaspoons of oil in it.
6. Drop tofu in hot oil, and sear for 4 minutes or until sesame seeds and tofu are crisp and brown.
7. On paper towel, transfer cooked tofu. Let it cool, and then cut them into 4 equal strips.
8. Place the skillet back on heat. Add remaining oil and mushroom in it. Stir occasionally and cook until mushroom starts to brown.
9. Taste and season mushroom with salt and pepper.
10. In warm water, dip wrappers for about 15 seconds or until pliable.
11. On a cutting board or flat surface, lay the wrappers. With paper towel, blot wrappers lightly. Let it rest for 15 seconds.
12. On a wrapper, lay 3 mint leaves, and top it up with 2 strips of tofu.
13. Put mushroom, red pepper, green pepper, green onion, and beans sprouts on top of tofu.
14. Fold the bottom of the wrapper and bring it over to the top to cover the filling.
15. Tuck the sides and roll tightly as shown in the video. Repeat.
16. For sauce, in a small bowl combine peanut butter, milk, yogurt, lime juice, brown sugar, cilantro, soya sauce, sesame oil, sriracha. Mix well.
17. Serve salad rolls with sauce.
Calories 930 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg0.5%
Sodium 435.9 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 118.7% Vitamin C 85%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet