|Fresh whole milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Softened butter||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Strong flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 Small, beaten|
1. In a small bowl combine yeast and 1-2 teaspoon of sugar and add a bit of warm milk about 95 degree F, mix them together and let it sit until foam appears on the surface.
2. In a bowl combine the remaining sugar and milk, add salt as well, and mix well.
3. In a large bowl place the flour and make a hole in the center, pour the yeast mixture and the milk mixture.
4. Add melted butter to the flour and knead until you form nice dough, once done transfer the dough on a worktop and knead for 15 minutes or until the dough is soft and elastic but not sticky.
5. Once all the ingredients are well incorporated, dust some flour on the worktop and continue to knead until you form smooth and unified dough.
6. Place the dough in a large glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap, leave it rise for 2 hours or until it doubles in volume.
7. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
8. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F, towards the last 5 minutes of the final rising of the dough.
9. After 2 hours turn the dough on the worktop, take small portions shape it into tube and then cut small pieces about one ounce each.
10. Take a little piece and work it by folding the edges of the piece in towards the center forming a ball. .
11. Then pinch the center together to fuse all the folds to each other.
12. Place the pinched part of the roll on the baking sheet, brush some room temperature milk on the rolls and leave it to rise for half an hour or until doubled in size.
13. After half an hour, in a small bowl whisk an egg and brush each roll with the egg wash.
14. Bake the rolls for 18 minutes in the preheated oven.
15. Once done remove and let it cool.
16. Serve the milk rolls along with a cup of tea.
Store the roll in a container.
Use a weighing scale to get the exact weight for the each rolls