Instead of buying dinner rolls at the store why don’t you try making them at home? This is my way to made the perfect homemade dinner rolls.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Approx. 110 Degrees)
Active dry yeast
1 Tablespoon (1 Small Packet)
Whole wheat bread flour
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1) In medium bowl gently stir in warm water, yeast packet, and sugar until everything has dissolved.
2) Leave the bowl for a few minutes, we want the yeast to “activate.” It will also start to smell. Once there becomes a foamy top to the mixture it will be ready to pour into a bigger bowl.
3) Once the yeast mixture is moved to a bigger bowl, add the olive oil, salt and 2 cups of flour.
4) After the flour is poured in slowly add in more until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
5) Once the dough gets to be a little hard to mix in the bowl, move to a floured surface and begin to knead the dough. We want the dough to become one nice big dough ball that is smooth.
6) Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough ball in the bowl and swirl the dough in the bowl to coat it with the oil.
7) Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for about 1 hour until it doubles in size.
8) Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes.
9) Once the dough has doubled in size, you will need to deflate it. I like to make a fist and punch the dough in the bowl.
10) Transfer the dough to a floured surface and begin to knead again just a couple times.
11) Then divided the dough evenly and begin to shape them how you would like.
12 )Place the shaped dough onto a greased baking pan.
13) Once the rolls are done let them cool before serving.
14) Serve with butter, honey or jam. Enjoy!