Cherry Almond Rolls
|Hot roll mix||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package, Pillsbury)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cherry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted almonds||3 Tablespoon|
1) Prepare a roll mix as per package directions up to the first rising.
2) Place the dough in a well-greased bowl and turn once to grease the top.
3) Place the bowl in a larger, shallow dish.
4) Pour 1 inch hot water into the bottom dish.
5) Loosely cover the dough with waxed paper.
6) Microwave at MEDIUM LOW (30% power) for 2 minutes.
7) Allow to stand in oven for 5 minutes.
8) Repeat the microwaving and standing 2 times, or till doubled in bulk.
9) During the rising period, if the dough appears to be drying out, then carefully turn the dough over in a bowl.
10) Punch down.
11) In a 2-cup glass measure, place the butter.
12) Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds or till melted. Keep aside.
13) Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into an 18- x 16-inch rectangle.
14) Brush with melted butter.
15) Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the dough.
16) Roll up the dough, jellyroll fashion, beginning with the long side.
17) Pinch the edges of the seam together.
18) Cut the roll into 1 1/2-inch slices.
19) Combine the preserves, brown sugar, and almonds.
20) Spread the preserves mixture in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
21) Arrange the rolls, cut side down, in a baking dish.
22) In a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish, add 1 inch hot water and set in the baking dish.
23) Loosely cover the dough with waxed paper.
24) Microwave at MEDIUM LOW for 2 minutes and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
25) Repeat the microwaving and standing for 2 times or till doubled in bulk.
26) Take the baking dishes out from the oven.
27) Place an inverted saucer in the microwave oven and stand the baking dish with rolls over the saucer.
28) Microwave at MEDIUM HIGH (70% power) for 6 to 9 minutes or till firm to touch. Turn the dish by a one-quarter every 2 minutes.
29) Allow the dish to stand for 3 minutes, and then invert onto a serving platter.