|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 cake / package)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 400° F.
2. In a bowl, mix yeast with water to soften it.
3. Scald milk.
4. Add butter, sugar and salt. Keep it aside till it is lukewarm.
5. Add yeast, eggs and flour.
6. Knead to make smooth dough.
7. Grease a bowl and keep the dough in it. Cover. Let it rise so that it increases in bulk.
8. Make three equal portions from the dough. Roll out each piece to make a 10-inch circle.
9. Make 12 wedge shaped pieces by cutting it.
10. Roll each piece from the wide end to the point.
11. Grease a baking pan.
12. Make a crescent shape by pulling the ends of wedge shaped pieces.
13. Keep it aside till it rises to double the volume.
14. Apply melted butter over it.
15. Bake it in an oven at 400° for 15 minutes or until it browns.
16. Serve Crescent Rolls with chutney, jalapeno jelly, fruit preserves or salsa.
Calories 853 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.1%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g83.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.3 mg74.4%
Sodium 561 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet