Lenten Cabbage Rolls
|Cabbage head||1 Large, cored|
|Bulgur wheat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Tomatoes||2 , cut up|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dried mint||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a saucepan and add salted water to it. Cook cored cabbage in salted water.
2) Separate the leaves, one at a time, and parboil the cabbage.
3) Cut the leaves in half and remove the vein.
4) Wash the bulgur thoroughly and squeeze thoroughly to remove any excess water.
5) Mix bulgur with tomatoes, garbanzo beans, parsley, juice of 3 lemons, onion, salt, pepper and oil.
6) Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each cabbage leaf and roll.
7) Take a large skillet and line the bottom with all the stuffed rolls.
8) Add mint, garlic and the juice of 1 lemon. Cover with an inverted plate.
9) Pour water to the plate level.
10) Remove plate and cover the skillet. Bring mixture to a boil.
11) Reduce heat and cook for about 20 more minutes.
12) Remove from the skillet. Serve immediately.
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 0.67 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 385 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 32.6% Vitamin C 143.9%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet