Turkey And Mushroom Croquettes
|Chopped cooked turkey||10 Ounce|
|Flour||2 Ounce (For Sauce)|
|Chicken stock/Strong turkey||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Seasoned flour||1⁄4 Pound|
|Egg||2 , beaten with 1 teaspoon oil|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (Used For Beating Egg)|
|Dried white breadcrumbs||6 Ounce|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) To make a thick sauce: Melt 2 oz butter and add flour.
3) Stir instock and milk, and let it boil.
4) Cook the sauce until thick and smooth.
5) Season with salt and pepper and parsley and allow to cool.
6) Meanwhile, chop turkey into small pieces.
7) Cook mushrooms in 1/2 oz butter.
8) Sprinkle with lemon juice.
9) Add chopped turkey; then add sauce.
10) Stir well.
11) When almost cold add beaten egg yolk; put mixture into refrigerator to chill and set
12) Divide mixture into 12 equal portions.
13) Shape each into small roll with floured fingers.
14) Roll in seasoned flour, coating ends carefully.
15) Brush all over with beaten egg and then cover thickly with dried white breadcrumbs.
16) Heat fat to 390°F or smoking hot.
17) Fry 4 croquettes at a time until well browned.
18) Drain the croquettes well and serve at once with a piquant brown or tomato sauce.