Lasagna Rolls with Turnip Greens & Italian Sausage & Better Homes and Gardens Cookware
|Lasagna pasta||1 Pound, boil|
|Pasta sauce||1 1⁄2 Quart (Chunky Marinara or Easy Marinara)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Italian sausage||1 Pound (Sweet Italian Chicken or Italian Turkey Sausage, casings removed)|
|Frozen turnip greens||1 Pound, thawed (drained of all their liquid)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Ricotta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (low fat or whole milk)|
|Dried thyme||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose seasoning||2 Teaspoon, divided (Grand Diamond)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Fresh mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce|
1. Dice the onions and finely chop garlic, keep it aside.
2. Thaw the turnip greens, squeeze out all the liquid.
3. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees, before making the lasagna roll.
4. Prepare a greased baking dish.
5. Boil the pasta in salted water for 6-8 minutes or 1 minute short of the manufacturer’s cooking time.
6. Once done drain and drizzle some olive oil in between the lasagna noodles, set aside.
7. In a saucepan sauté onions with 2 tablespoon of olive oil, sauté the onions until they are soft on medium high.
8. Add the garlic and cook for minute then add the Italian sausage and sauté everything for 8-9 minutes.
9. Remove the sausages and onion with a slotted spoon and keep it aside, let the residual olive oil stay in the pan.
10. In the same pan sauté the greens and if required add few tablespoon of olive oil.
11. Add the red pepper flakes, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, all-purpose seasoning, and cook for about 5 minutes.
12. Add the sautéed greens to the sausage mixture and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
13. Add the ricotta cheese, thyme, oregano, all-purpose seasoning along with the meat mixture.
14. Adjust the seasoning as per taste and then add the beaten eggs, stir well.
15. Start heating the pasta sauce over medium heat.
16. Lay the lasagna noodles on a flat surface and spread ¼ cup of filling over the length of the noodle and roll.
17. Repeat the same step until all mixture is over.
18. In the greased baking dish, pour 1-2 cups of sauce in the bottom and then place the lasagna rolls into the dish.
19. Pour the remaining sauce on top and add the mozzarella cheese.
20. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven.
21. Serve the lasagna roll hot.
Calories 967 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.3%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g104.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.9 mg67.3%
Sodium 1166 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.7%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 45 g90.2%
Vitamin A 117.7% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 52.7% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet