Barry is asked to attempt this delicious rolled up chocolate filled roll with pumpkin and a cinnamon kick.
1 Tablespoon (For greasing)
Canned pumpkin puree
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190 degrees C/375 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and place parchment paper over it. Grease the parchment paper with butter and set aside.
2. Place a clean kitchen towel over the counter and sieve icing sugar over it. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream together eggs and sugar.
5. Add in the pumpkin puree and whisk well.
6. Add in the flour mixture in 3 batches and whisk well all the ingredients.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly with a spatula.
8. Place on middle rack of the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
9. Take out the sponge and place over the prepared kitchen towel. Remove parchment paper an roll with towel. Let it rest for 45 minutes.
10. For chocolate sauce – in a bowl, melt the chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes, whisking after every 30 seconds.
11. Take out the chocolate bowl and stir in the butter.
12. Add in the mascarpone cheese and mix well.
13. Unroll the sponge and evenly spread the chocolate sauce over it. Roll back the sponge into a saran wrap and refrigerate for 90 minutes.
14. Sprinkle icing sugar and cinnamon over the pumpkin roll and serve.
Chocolate Filled Cinnamon Pumpkin Roll – Super duper delicious! Yes everyone in the family is gonna love it. It is the perfect dessert to make during the Holidays. . Watch and learn this lusty recipe from this video. Enjoy!