Holiday Sausage Rolls
|Short pastry/Flaky pastry||12 Ounce|
|Sausage meat/Skinless sausages||1 Pound|
1. Preheat oven at 425-450°F or Gas Mark 6-7.
2. On floured board, roll out pastry thinly. Cut it into 4 inches wide and 10-12 inches long oblong pieces.
3. Place sausages or rolls of sausage meat down in the centre of oblong strip.
4. Wet the edges of the pastry and fold it together pressing it tightly so that its stays that way.
5. Cut the strip into 4 equal-sized quarters.
6. Make holes in tops of rolls with scissors or prick with fork.
7. Brush with beaten egg or milk.
8. Bake in a hot oven at 425-450°F or Gas Mark 6-7 for 20-25 minutes, until it becomes golden brown in colour. Reduce temperature after 12-15 minutes if desired.
9. Serve Sausage Rolls with tomato sauce.