Quick Whole meal Rolls for Two
|Fresh yeast/Dried yeast- 7 1/2 g (1/4 oz)||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Strong white flour||8 Ounce (225 g)|
|Strong wholemeal flour||8 Ounce (225 g)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Lard||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F
2) In a small, bowl combine together yeast, half of the sugar and 1/2 pint of water
3) Stir the yeast mixture until well mixed and leave in a warm place to froth.
4) In a bowl, place both the flours with the salt and the remaining sugar.
5) With hands rub the fat in the flour mixture.
6) Stir in the yeast mixture and knead to make soft dough.
7) Lightly dust the working surface with flour.
8) Place the dough over the working surface and knead for about 2 minutes until smooth.
9) Make 12 equal pieces of the dough and roll into rounds.
10) Arrange the dough balls on a greased baking sheet.
11) Brush the dough balls with water and sprinkle the tops with cracked wheat.
12) Cover the rolls with a clean, damp tea towel.
13) Allow to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
14) Bake the rolls in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
15) Remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
16) Serve as required.