Quick Yeast Rolls
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 425° F.
2) Take a small saucepan and combine together shortening, water, salt and sugar in it. Cook until shortening melts completely, stirring constantly.
3) Let the mixture cool to a lukewarm temperature (105° - 115° F).
4) Stir in yeast mixture and dissolve completely.
5) Add egg and mix well.
6) Stir in flour and mix well.
7) Spoon out the prepared dough into greased muffin pans, filling to half the capacity.
8) Cover and let rise in a warm place (about 85° F), free from drafts, for about 1 hour or until double in size.
9) Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until rolls turn golden brown in color.
10) Serve the rolls alongside your favorite curry.