Parmesan Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
|Cabbage leaves||10 Large|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Minced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Uncooked regular rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
1. In a saucepan, cook cabbage leaves in boiling salted water for 5 to 8 minutes or until just tender; remove and drain leaves.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, onion, rice, butter, salt, and pepper; mix well.
3. On a flat surface, keep equal portions of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf; fold ends over, and roll up.
4. In a large greased skillet, keep cabbage rolls, seam side down.
5. Scatter cheese over cabbage rolls.
6. Into a bowl, drain tomatoes, reserving 1 cup juice.
7. In a skillet, arrange tomatoes on top of cabbage rolls.
8. Pour reserved tomato juice over cabbage rolls.
9. Let the mixture come to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer 1 hour.
10. Serve hot. This dish yields 10 servings.