|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105� To 115�F)|
|All-purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Warm milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (105� To 115�F)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
1) Take a small bowl and place water in it. Dissolve yeast and let stand for 5 minutes.
2) Take a large size mixing bowl and combine together sugar, flour and salt in it.
3) Cut in about 3/4 cup butter using a pastry blender until mixture begins to resemble coarse meal.
4) Combine eggs and milk in the yeast mixture. Add this to the flour mixture. Stir to form sticky dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5) Punch the dough and divide into half.
6) Place each half on a floured surface and roll into a 12-inch circle. Cut both the circles into 12 wedges.
7) Roll up each individual wedge tightly, beginning at the wide end.
8) Seat the points and place rolls with point side down on the greased baking sheets.
9) Curve rolls to form crescent shape. Brush with melted butter.
10) Cover and let the rolls rise in a warm place (about 85° F), free from drafts, for about 1 hour or until the rolls become double in bulk.
11) Bake for about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and allow the rolls to cool a little.
12) Serve the rolls with your favorite curry, if desired.
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.8 mg11.6%
Sodium 91 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet