Kidney And Mushroom Roll
|Lamb's kidneys||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Mushrooms||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Spanish onions||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Beef stock cube||1|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Dried oregano/Marjoram||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Corn flour||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Cabbage leaves||4 Large|
1. Cut kidney into half and core it; slice thinly.
2. Cut mushrooms into thin slices.
3. Dice onions.
4. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
5. In a saucepan, mix stock cubes in water and add sliced kidneys, mushrooms, onion, herbs and soy sauce; bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. In a cup, mix corn flour in little water and stir into the saucepan until the kidney mixture is thick.
8. Let the kidney mixture cool down completely.
9. Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling salted water, dip cabbage leaves for 5 minutes for blanching.
10. Rinse with running water until cold.
11. On a flat table, place cabbage leaves and place one-fourth of the kidney mixture at the centre of each leaf.
12. Fold the edges of the leaf to cover kidney mixture.
13. Into a ovenproof dish, place the folded stuffed cabbage leaves with the folded side down and pour enough water to cover ¼ inch of the dish.
14. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
15. Let rolls cool down.
16. Wrap each roll in individual parcels and freeze until use.
17. Remove each portion from freezer and let defrost.
18. Reheat in oven at 350° Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes and serve.