Trout and Parma Ham Rolls
|Pine kernels||1 Ounce|
|Flat leaf parsley||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Small Bunch)|
|Basmati rice||10 Ounce, cooked|
|Raisins||2 1⁄4 Tablespoon (2 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Trout fillets||16 Ounce (Small Ones, 4 In Number, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Parma ham slices||4 Large|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Young spinach leaves||1 Ounce (Tender Ones)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. In a small frying pan, put pine kernels and dry-fry for a few minutes until toasted. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes and parsley.
3. In a bowl, put the rice with the pine kernels, raisins, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and a little oil to moisten. Season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Into 2 well buttered ring, pack moulds. Level the tops and place on a baking tray. Bake for
6-8 minutes until heated through.
5. In a frying pan, heat a knob of the butter and a little of the oil. Smear the trout with some of the butter and season with pepper. Lay the Parma ham on the work surface and place a sage leaf in the middle of each slice. Top with the trout, buttered-side down, and roll up. Secure with cocktail sticks. Add the trout to the pan and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden.
6. Add wine and allow some to evaporate, then reduce the heat and cook for a further 6-8 minutes until the fish is tender and cooked through and you have a well-flavored sauce.
7. Remove the moulds from the oven. Place an inverted serving plate on top of each mould then turn over to turn out. Leave to cool a little.
8. Wash the spinach and put in a bowl with the watercress. Season and add a little oil and a squeeze of lemon. Toss to coat.
9. Shred the remaining sage leaves and add to the fish. Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and then remove from the heat.
10. In the centre of the rice rings, arrange the spinach salad and place 2 trout on top of each. Spoon the sauce around them and serve at once.
Calories 1535 Calories from Fat 684
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g119.1%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g87.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.9 mg20.6%
Sodium 1300.4 mg54.2%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 69 g138.6%
Vitamin A 110.3% Vitamin C 140.2%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet