Toast Rolls with Ham and Asparagus
|Canned asparagus||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can / 439 Grams)|
|Thin bread slices||8|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted (Or As Required)|
|Ham slice||8 , cooked|
|For cream sauce|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Liquid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Drained From Canned Asparagus)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Drain the liquid from asparagus and reserve for cream sauce.
3) Cut off the bread crusts and brush each slice with melted butter on both sides.
4) Place a slice of ham and a few asparagus spears on each buttered bread slice.
5) Roll up the bread enclosing the asparagus spears and secure with wooden picks.
6) In a lightly greased shallow baking tray arrange the rolls.
7) Bake in the preheated oven until they are lightly browned.
8) Cream sauce : In a small saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes without browning.
9) Then stir in the milk and asparagus liquid, stir constantly and cook until the sauce comes to a boil and thickens.
10) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
11) Spoon the cream sauce over the Toast Rolls with Ham and Asparagus and serve immediately.
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.7 mg10.6%
Sodium 424.4 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet