Toast Rolls With Ham And Asparagus
|Canned asparagus||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can / 439 Grams)|
|Thin bread slices||8|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted (Or As Required)|
|Ham slice||8 , cooked|
|For cream sauce|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Liquid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Drained From Canned Asparagus)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Drain the liquid from asparagus and reserve for cream sauce.
3) Cut off the bread crusts and brush each slice with melted butter on both sides.
4) Place a slice of ham and a few asparagus spears on each buttered bread slice.
5) Roll up the bread enclosing the asparagus spears and secure with wooden picks.
6) In a lightly greased shallow baking tray arrange the rolls.
7) Bake in the preheated oven until they are lightly browned.
8) Cream sauce : In a small saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes without browning.
9) Then stir in the milk and asparagus liquid, stir constantly and cook until the sauce comes to a boil and thickens.
10) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
11) Spoon the cream sauce over the Toast Rolls with Ham and Asparagus and serve immediately.