Pork Cutlets Bordeaux
|Pork cutlets||1 1⁄4 Pound (Cut 1/4 Inch Thick, 4 In Number)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/Granulated chicken bouillon||2 Teaspoon (2 Envelopes)|
1) Trim all the fat from the pork cutlets.
2) In a pie plate, slightly beat the egg.
3) Add bread crumbs on wax paper and dip the cutlets into the beaten egg, and then into the crumbs and coat well.
4) Set aside the cutlet for about 20 minutes till the coating sets.
5) In a pan, add butter or margarine and vegetable oil and heat.
6) Add the cutlets and brown slowly, turning once, then remove.
7) Stir in wine, chicken broth, salt and pepper into the pan and heat, scraping the bits from the bottom of the pan till it boils. Allow to simmer for 1 minute.
8) Place the cutlets in the sauce and place a lid over.
9) Allow to simmer for 45 minutes till the cutlets are tender.
10) Arrange on a warmed serving platter.
11) Top with sauce from the pan and serve.
Calories 944 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.5%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163 mg54.3%
Sodium 1901 mg79.2%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 20 g39.7%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 29.4% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet