Caramel Pecan Rolls
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable shortening||3 Tablespoon|
|Active dry yeast||2|
|All-purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecan halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, place together milk, water, sugar, salt and shortening.
2) Heat the milk mixture stirring, until the shortening is melts.
3) Remove the milk mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool to very warm to 90°F.
4) Stir in the yeast until dissolved completely.
5) Leave to stand until bubbles appear on the surface, for about 10 minutes.
6) Fold in 2 1/2 cups of the flour to the yeast mixture.
7) Using an electric hand blender beat the flour at low speed for 30 seconds.
8) Process for 3 minutes more until well mixed.
9) Add remaining flour with a wooden spoon to make soft dough.
10) Dust a board with flour and remove the dough onto the board.
11) Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, for about 5 minutes.
12) In an oiled bowl, place the dough and turn the oiled side up.
13) Place a damp cloth to cover and allow to rise in a warm place, for 30 minutes, or until almost doubled in bulk.
14) Lightly oil three 9-inch round layer-cake pans.
15) In a saucepan place together brown sugar, butter or margarine and corn syrup.
16) Simmer the butter mixture, stirring, until blended.
17) Pour the butter mixture equally among 3 baking pans.
18) Dredge pecans over the butter mixture in all 3 pans.
19) In a small bowl mix the sugar and the cinnamon.
20) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
21) Knock the dough and divide into 2 equal portions.
22) On flour dusted board roll out each portion to a 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
23) Smear each portion with 2 tablespoons of the softened butter and dredge equally with the cinnamon mixture.
24) Start with the long side, and roll up each portion.
25) Cut the rolled sheet crosswise into 1-inch slices.
26) Arrange the slices, cut side down on the pans.
27) Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
28) Leave the pans in room temperature for 25 minutes.
29) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden on top.
30) Allow to cool in the pans over a wire rack for 5 minutes.
31) Serve the rolls hot in a warm serving plate.